Will I be hospitalized if I join a study on mood disorders?

Researchers typically conduct clinical trials for mood disorders on an outpatient basis. The only times a clinical trial takes place in a hospital is when the study requires already hospitalized subjects.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

How Optimism Can Help You Live Longer
How Optimism Can Help You Live Longer
Having an optimistic outlook does more than just help the mind; it can help your physical health, too. In a 2004 study of 1,000 men and women aged 65 ...
How can I be happy with who I am?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Happiness doesn't come from what you have or your career but from recognizing what you have, experts...
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
Loneliness and isolation can have serious health effects—but being proactive goes a long way.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Toxic Worrying?