What should I know before working with someone with a cognitive impairment?

Diveheart
Allergy
Individuals with cognitive impairment will vary as widely as those with physical impairments. It is important to understand the abilities of the individual you are working with. The impairment may affect memory, cognition, behavior and a wide variety of physical abilities. Regardless of the extent of the impairment it is important to be patient, understanding and compassionate when working with individuals. Be aware that some individuals may exhibit denial of deficiencies and may try to mask them.

Continue Learning about Mental Health