What is conduct disorder?

Conduct disorder is a behavior disorder, sometimes diagnosed in childhood, that is characterized by antisocial behaviors which violate the rights of others and age-appropriate social standards and rules. Antisocial behaviors may include irresponsibility, delinquent behaviors (such as truancy or running away), violating the rights of others (such as theft), and/or physical aggression toward others (such as assault or rape). These behaviors sometimes occur together; however, one or several may occur without the other(s).

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Vision Loss and Depression: What's the Connection?
Vision loss can make it harder—even impossible—to do certain activities you enjoy or to perform routine tasks, such as driving. Fears of falling or ha...
What Can I Do to Cope with Toxic Worrying?
What Would Be a Good Investment for Advancing Mental Health?
How Much Do We Know About the Child and Adolescent Brain?