What are the benefits of joining a study for a mood disorder treatment?

There are several benefits to participating in a clinical trial, particularly if the drug targets your specific symptoms. First, you have access to a drug that is not widely available. Second, while participating in the trial, it's most likely that you'll interact with several specialists, gaining access to multiple opinions and extensive experience. Finally, the drug may have fewer side effects than the one you're currently taking, as doctors continually work to eradicate these. Best of all, you get all this for free! The study organizers typically don't charge for medications, visits or tests.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Eat This Breakfast for Mental Well-Being
Eating a good breakfast doesn't just get your body ready to face the day. It may boost your mental well-being, too. Especially if you choose yogurt. ...
How can I stop my mind from wandering?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
Try focusing on one thing at a time.Write one email at a time.Eat your lunch mindfully.Drink your cu...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
Why Is It Important to Look at the Function of Behavior When Making a Diagnosis?