Should I talk to my doctor about my muscle dysmorphia symptoms?

If you or someone you know may be experiencing symptoms of muscle dysmorphia, you should talk to a doctor. Muscle dysmorphia not only has the potential of negatively affecting your health, but it is often a condition characterized by unhealthy and damaging beliefs about your self-image and low self-esteem. A doctor may be able to help restore a normal self-image, diet, and lifestyle and help you become content with your natural, healthy self.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Eat This Breakfast for Mental Well-Being
Eating a good breakfast doesn't just get your body ready to face the day. It may boost your mental well-being, too. Especially if you choose yogurt. ...
Why is it important to trust my intuition when it comes to my health?
Kelly Turner, PhDKelly Turner, PhD
It's key to trust your intuition when it comes to your health, since it's a reactive, physical part ...
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
Loneliness and isolation can have serious health effects—but being proactive goes a long way.
Does the Athletic Challenge for Peak Performance Translate to Common Goals for Everyone?