How can I help a person with mental illness cope with sleep problems?

Sleep disturbance and sleep deprivation are well known to disorient people with serious mental illness. Encourage the person to get up and stay up and engage in walking or other physical activity so that when it is bed time the person feels tired.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Can You Make Happiness a Habit?
Can You Make Happiness a Habit?
Dan Buettner is a National Geographic Fellow and multiple New York Times bestselling author. He discovered the five places in the world—dubbed “Blue Z...
How can lying and dishonesty affect my health?
Karyn HallKaryn Hall
When people lie, they may experience shame and guilt. Shame is about feeling wrong or bad as a perso...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
What Are Some Issues Surrounding the Mentally Ill and Violence?