What is victimization?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
We live in a world where individuals feel entitled and expect certain things. If these expectations are not met the person may feel like a victim. How many times do you hear, "Why did this happen to me? I don't deserve this? I did everything I was supposed to, this shouldn't happen to me?" Victimization is truly living an insufficient life. A victim mentality can not only ruin your life but the life of those who love you. Take responsibility for your life. You are the product of all of the decisions you made and the ones you chose not to make. Why are you exempt from bad things happening to you? Again, life is a classroom, not a prison. Individuals who live a life as a victim are in prison, yet the key to freedom is already in the door. I have discovered that most victims don't want to open that door because they don't want to take responsibility for their own lives. Be the hero of your life, not the victim.
A Life in Balance: Nourishing the Four Roots of True Happiness

Nautilus Book Awards Winners for 2007 (category: Self-Help/Psychology/ Personal Growth) "Like many people, Kathleen Hall found that despite great success and material wealth, she had yet to identify...

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

How to Handle Adult Bullying
How to Handle Adult Bullying
You may think that bullying is perpetrated by nasty kids or mean teenagers. But in 2013, it happened among teammates in the NFL. Miami Dolphin second-...
How can having a strong social support system help me deal with illness?
Debra Fulghum Bruce PhDDebra Fulghum Bruce PhD
When we are tied emotionally to those in our social network, we can express our feelings of fear...
How do I prepare for an appointment to discuss my mental health?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
To prepare for an appointment to discuss my mental health:Write down when you started noticing chang...
Do Young Adults Understand Risk?
Do Young Adults Understand Risk?