What is recovery from a mental health condition like?

Swimming in a pool versus in a storm in the ocean, and knowing you are doing so and in control. The key word here is control. A great deal of mental health conditions do not have cures, so recovery has more to do with controlling and managing your symptoms such that you are able to complete daily tasks, excel at work, and maintain social relationships again. It also means identifying cues and signals of potential relapses and dealing with them constructively so remission is prolonged.

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

How to Handle Adult Bullying
How to Handle Adult Bullying
You may think that bullying is perpetrated by nasty kids or mean teenagers. But in 2013, it happened among teammates in the NFL. Miami Dolphin second-...
Is optimism good for my heart?
Carolyn  ThomasCarolyn Thomas
Some research suggests that optimism is particularly important for women's heart health. And optimis...
What lifestyle habits can improve my mental health?
Ileen CravenIleen Craven
Thank you for a question that is extremely important, relevant to our times, and vital to the mental...
Can You Stop Addiction with Financial Incentives?