What is recovery in mental health?

When it comes to mental health, recovery means that you have controlled your symptoms and prolonged remission so that you are able to successfully manage and complete your daily tasks and activities, as well as cope with challenges and setbacks in a constructive way.

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

How to Handle Adult Bullying
How to Handle Adult Bullying
You may think that bullying is perpetrated by nasty kids or mean teenagers. But in 2013, it happened among teammates in the NFL. Miami Dolphin second-...
How can I trick myself into feeling happier?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Adopt what University of California at Riverside psychology professor Sonja Lyubomirsky calls happin...
Is optimism good for my heart?
Carolyn  ThomasCarolyn Thomas
Some research suggests that optimism is particularly important for women's heart health. And optimis...
Understanding Addiction and Addictive Behavior