How can listening keep my mind sharp?

Listen for details when a friend tells a story. Heed changes in the person's tone and register small facts you might otherwise gloss over. Conjure a mental image of the story. By doing this, you activate multiple areas in the brain and encourage memory formation.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Beef Up Your Brain with Exercise
Beef Up Your Brain with Exercise
In the 1988 movie Twins, Julius and Vincent Benedict (Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito) are the result of an experiment to produce the perfect c...
How can I keep my mind active as I age?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Take classes. Universities and colleges often offer free classes for the elderly. (Check with th...
How can just sitting quietly help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Sit quietly, choose a word that calms you and when your mind starts to wander, say the word silently...
Brain Yoga
Brain Yoga