How can chatting keep my mind sharp?

Instead of popping in another movie rental, pick up the phone. Talking with someone else not only gets you out of your rut — lack of activity can decrease brain-cell formation — but the socializing can also reduce potentially memory-sapping depression.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Got a tricky problem you’ve been noodling for days? You’ll solve it faster if you talk it out. Whether you’re rearranging the living room furniture, ...
Why is playing a musical instrument a healthy activity for my brain?
AARPAARP
Frequently tickling the ivories or blowing a horn, especially if you're trying to master it, is asso...
What are benefits of games played on mobile devices?
Dr. Cynthia R. Green, PhDDr. Cynthia R. Green, PhD
Games that we play on our phones or other mobile devices meet all my criteria for getting in a b...
What Exercises Can I Do to Keep My Mind and Memory Sharp?