What are signs that my teen might have a mental health problem?

Teenage mental health has become a much bigger issue, probably because kids are under more stress now than they probably ever have been. And so there are a lot of warning signs to look for, and no two kids are going to be the same. So in general, the best guideline I can give would just be to tell parents to try and be involved in their children's lives. But when you start to see changes in eating habits, changes in sleeping patterns, when you start to see disintegration of interpersonal relationships, whether that be with siblings, or parents, or friends, those are some of the early stress signs that kids might be having deeper issues that should be looked into.

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

4 Things You Can Do to Live Better With Mental Illness
In the era of social media, we often see only the “perfect” parts of people’s lives, but in reality, everyone has challenges. For those living with me...
What mental disorders are similar to schizophrenia?
Douglas E. Severance, MDDouglas E. Severance, MD
Many mental health disorders share some similar symptoms with schizophrenia. Some personality di...
How does therapy help veterans with adjustment disorder?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Therapy helps veterans with adjustment disorder by providing emotional support and strategies to get...
How Does an MRI Help with Diagnosing Mental Disorders?