What are signs that my teen might have a mental health problem?

Teenage mental health has become a much bigger issue, probably because kids are under more stress now than they probably ever have been. And so there are a lot of warning signs to look for, and no two kids are going to be the same. So in general, the best guideline I can give would just be to tell parents to try and be involved in their children's lives. But when you start to see changes in eating habits, changes in sleeping patterns, when you start to see disintegration of interpersonal relationships, whether that be with siblings, or parents, or friends, those are some of the early stress signs that kids might be having deeper issues that should be looked into.

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

What You Need to Know About Misophonia
What You Need to Know About Misophonia
Does the sound of someone chewing food or even hearing them breathe bother you—​alot? You may have a condition called misophonia. Also known as select...
What is adjustment disorder in veterans?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Adjustment disorder is a response to stress or change that is extreme, intense, and overwhelming. It...
What is trichotillomania?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Trichotillomania is a condition in which people feel an irrepressible urge to pull out their own hai...
How Does an MRI Help with Diagnosing Mental Disorders?