What is weather anxiety?

Weather anxiety refers to individuals who have moderate to severe anxiety about the weather when the weather is NOT threatening. While some anxiety about the weather is completely normal, particularly when the weather is threatening, an overwhelming feeling of dread when a few clouds are in the sky and there is only a slight chance of rain in the forecast is not. An accurate diagnosis of weather anxiety is a clinical decision that must be made by a properly trained professional.  Typically, the weather anxiety will be interfering with normal functioning in the sense that the individual is probably unable to attend to normal activities such as school or work.   

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

4 Things You Can Do to Live Better With Mental Illness
In the era of social media, we often see only the “perfect” parts of people’s lives, but in reality, everyone has challenges. For those living with me...
Where can a veteran get help with adjustment disorder?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Veterans Health Administration (VHA) provides mental health care for veterans through Vet Centers, p...
What can I do to get my dissociative identity disorder in better control?
NewYork-Presbyterian HospitalNewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
The following can help control symptoms of dissociative identity disorder under control:Know your tr...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What Is hostess anxiety?