How should I manage my claustrophobia?

The two ways to best manage claustrophobia are appropriate use of anxiety medications and cognitive behavioral therapy. I like to call the latter "talk therapy with a homework plan." (You can do it one-on-one or in a group.) This form of therapy helps you learn how to reduce your fear by changing thinking patterns and helps you handle anxiety-provoking situations by encouraging you to adopt new ways of reacting to them.

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

What You Need to Know About Misophonia
What You Need to Know About Misophonia
Does the sound of someone chewing food or even hearing them breathe bother you—​alot? You may have a condition called misophonia. Also known as select...
How common are serious mental illnesses like schizophrenia?
Mark Moronell, MDMark Moronell, MD
The National Alliance on Mental Illness reports that 5% to 7% of adults are currently living wit...
How can a veteran prevent adjustment disorder?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
No one can predict who will be affected by adjustment disorder and who will manage to adapt well to ...
Dr. Tamar Chansky - What Is hostess anxiety?