How should I manage my claustrophobia?

The two ways to best manage claustrophobia are appropriate use of anxiety medications and cognitive behavioral therapy. I like to call the latter "talk therapy with a homework plan." (You can do it one-on-one or in a group.) This form of therapy helps you learn how to reduce your fear by changing thinking patterns and helps you handle anxiety-provoking situations by encouraging you to adopt new ways of reacting to them.

Continue Learning about Mental Disorders

4 Things You Can Do to Live Better With Mental Illness
In the era of social media, we often see only the “perfect” parts of people’s lives, but in reality, everyone has challenges. For those living with me...
Is there a cure for trichotillomania?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
There is no one treatment for trichotillomania. Some people are prescribed antidepressants to addres...
What types of mental disorders are common in children and teens?
Gina M. BiegelGina M. Biegel
One in five children has a diagnosable mental illness. In this video, psychotherapist Gina Biege...
How Does an MRI Help with Diagnosing Mental Disorders?