Menstrual cramps can usually be relieved with ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin-IB, Nuprin, Ibuprin), naproxen sodium (Aleve), or aspirin (Anacin, Bayer, Bufferin, Ecotrin). Aerobic exercise also helps to decrease the severity of cramps and increases your endorphin levels. (Endorphins help the body cope with depression and physical pain.) If you have cramps, soaking in a warm tub not only helps relieve cramping, but also might help you relax if you're feeling anxious or restless.
- Q What are causes of an extremely heavy flow?
- Q How can I perform the energetic remedy for menstrual discomfort?
- Q What makes my breasts swell a week before my period?
- Q How long does a menstruation cycle last?
- Q How do medications treat menstrual problems?
- Q Why do I have such severe abdominal pain during my period?