Can I use toilet paper instead of a tampon?

When you get your period and you're caught unprepared, using toilet paper in place of a pad is okay, but it's not a good idea to use TP as a makeshift tampon. In this video, ob-gyn Dr. Lauren Streicher tells Dr. Oz why.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
How can vitamins and minerals treat menstrual problems?
Vitamin and mineral supplements may help relieve the symptoms of some menstrual problems. For exampl...
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
We all have bleeding and cramping, but these red flags may mean it's time to see your gyno.
How Can I Skip an Inconvenient Period?
How Can I Skip an Inconvenient Period?