Can I use toilet paper instead of a tampon?

When you get your period and you're caught unprepared, using toilet paper in place of a pad is okay, but it's not a good idea to use TP as a makeshift tampon. In this video, ob-gyn Dr. Lauren Streicher tells Dr. Oz why.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
Can I get pregnant when I have my period?
Sari CooperSari Cooper
Having your period when you have sex doesn't guarantee you won't get pregnant. Find out why by w...
5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps5 Ways to Relieve Menstrual Cramps
Painlessly surf the crimson wave.
When Does PMS First Appear?
When Does PMS First Appear?