Can my asthma affect menstruation?

Asthma does not seem to affect menstruation so much as menstruation affects symptoms of asthma. The hormonal changes that take place during, and just before, your menstrual cycle begins can cause some women to experience more severe asthma symptoms than during other times during the month. The drop in progesterone that takes place at this time will cause inflammation and will make symptoms worse for some, but not all, women who struggle with asthma.

Continue Learning about Menstruation

The One Tampon Complication Can Be Life-Threatening
The tampon was invented in 1929 by Dr. Earl Haas, and many women immediately found it to be a more convenient option. But having your period was a tab...
Can dietary changes help ease menstrual problems?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Simply changing the way you eat may ease the symptoms of some types of menstrual problems. For examp...
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
Severe Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t IgnoreSevere Period Symptoms You Shouldn’t Ignore
We all have bleeding and cramping, but these red flags may mean it's time to see your gyno.
Is It Safe to Be on Birth Control to Regulate My Period?