What is the concept of men's wellness?

When it comes to healthcare, men often find themselves short-changed: They die more often of cardiovascular disease and cancer. Men are also less likely to approach a physician with their concerns than women. It is therefore not at all surprising that men live on average about 6 years less than women.

The novel concept of men's wellness intends to reach beyond the classic definition of men's health and views the male patient as a whole. Breaking from the tradition where a urologist treated a man solely for urological conditions, we have realized that problems such as erectile dysfunction or low testosterone are related to matters that affect the entire body. Patients with heart attacks, for instance, report that they started noticing erectile dysfunction about three years before they started having chest pain. Patients with low testosterone find themselves at high risk for developing diabetes, heart disease and brittle bones.

Looking beyond a list of symptoms and ailments, our physicians individualize your health care treatment, taking into account a man’s physical and emotional wellbeing before prescribing any treatment.

Continue Learning about Men's Health

Guys: Stop Scarfing Down Added Sugar
Guys: Stop Scarfing Down Added Sugar
Pass on the pop and skip the sugary cereal. A report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found that a whopping 13% of adults’ to...
What might have caused the pain and swelling I had in one of my testicles?
Pain and swelling in the testicles can be from many different things. It can be a sign of very s...
5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't
5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't5 Reasons Men Avoid the Doctor, But Shouldn't
Don't like tests? Too busy? Embarrassed? Go anyway. It could save your life.
What Could Be Causing My Inability to Ejaculate?