What is the most common skin care mistake made by men?

Not using sunscreen every day is the most common skincare mistake that men make. Only 5% of men use sunscreen on a daily basis, according to a recent poll by the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD). Applying sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 30 or higher daily is the number one thing that men can do to minimize skin aging. Talk to your dermatologist about the best sunscreen for you.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients should I look for in a shaving gel for my face?
When choosing a shaving gel for your face, you may select from a variety of gels that contain mo...
What kind of shaving cream do I need to use if I have sensitive skin?
Certain shaving product ingredients, such as alcohol, may cause irritation in people with sensit...
Is it OK for men to use women's skincare products?
Dr. Ellen Marmur, MDDr. Ellen Marmur, MD
Yes! Male skin is totally different from female skin on some levels and exactly the same on others. ...
Should I try to avoid pimples with my razor when I shave my face?
If you have acne, take extra care when you shave your face. Wet your beard with lukewarm water b...