What is the most common nail mistake made by men?

Both men and women commonly make mistakes when caring for their nails. Cutting nails too short, or rounding them too much rather than cutting them straight across are very common mistakes that can result in painful, ingrown nails. Filing nails back and forth rather than only in one direction can lead to nail splitting and breakage. Picking under the nail, or cutting the cuticle -- the ridge of tissue where the nail meets the skin -- can increase the risk of infection. Not keeping nails clean and using them as tools to open things, remove staples, or for other jobs are also mistakes that can lead to infection or breakage. Men who have to wash their hands very frequently often experience dry, brittle nails and yet many men don't use hand cream.  Applying hand cream to the nails at night can help counteract the drying effects of water and soap. Talk to a dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What are the benefits of using a shaving gel on my face?
Shaving gel softens the hair on your face for easier removal and may also have a moisturizing ef...
What is shaving cream?
Shaving cream is a product that creates lubrication for a wet shave. Shaving cream moistens the ...
Can I use my wife's sunless tanning products?
Sunless tanning products are designed to give you that sun-kissed look without exposure to the s...
Will pressing harder when I shave remove more facial hair?
Overzealous pressure while shaving can damage the skin. If you have acne, shaving lightly can he...