Is it better for my face if I shave in the shower?

The best way to shave without causing irritation is to thoroughly wet your beard first with warm water to soften up the hairs. So shaving right after your shower -- or in the shower if you have a mirror that allows you to see what you're doing -- can be a smart idea.Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Why would a man use concealer?
There are a variety of reasons a man might want to use concealer, which is a product used to cov...
Can I use my wife's lip balm?
No matter which lip balm you choose, everyone should use a lip balm with a sun protection factor...
What cosmetics should men consider using?
Both men and women should choose the best cosmetics for their own needs and skin type. Consult y...
As a young man, do I need to worry about applying sunscreen?
Ronald M. Shelton, MDRonald M. Shelton, MD
Sunscreen application is important any day you'll be outside. Men and women should use sunscreen to ...