Is it better for my face if I shave in the shower?

The best way to shave without causing irritation is to thoroughly wet your beard first with warm water to soften up the hairs. So shaving right after your shower -- or in the shower if you have a mirror that allows you to see what you're doing -- can be a smart idea.Talk to your dermatologist for more information.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Are there sensitive skin toners made just for men?
There are sensitive skin toners marketed just for men. Before you decide to use a toner, talk wi...
Are there any side effects of using a shaving gel on my face?
You're unlikely to have side effects from using shaving gel. Most contain lubricants and moistur...
What ingredients should men look for in a facial mask?
As with all skincare products, men should look for ingredients in a facial mask that are best su...
Why do men shave their faces?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
For most of human history, men have worn beards. It's not hard to understand why - cave men had no c...