How do I reduce cuts when shaving my face?

To reduce cuts from shaving your face, use the proper shaving technique, as recommended by dermatologists:
  • Start by thoroughly wetting your skin with warm water.
  • Shave in the direction your hair grows. As much as possible, avoid shaving against the grain.
  • Allow your face to relax as you shave. Don't pull the skin tight or stretch it.
  • Avoid dragging the razor over the same area repeatedly.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Are there sensitive skin cleansers made just for men?
There are sensitive skin cleansers made just for men. They are usually labeled as such on the fr...
What is a safety razor?
A safety razor is simply a razor with protective guard around the blade to help you avoid cuttin...
Are there cosmetics formulated for men?
Some manufacturers do make cosmetics specifically for men, from face powders to concealers and b...
Do men need to use a skin toner?
Toners are often used to wipe away traces of oil, dirt, and, usually in the case of women, makeu...