How do I reduce cuts when shaving my face?

To reduce cuts from shaving your face, use the proper shaving technique, as recommended by dermatologists:
  • Start by thoroughly wetting your skin with warm water.
  • Shave in the direction your hair grows. As much as possible, avoid shaving against the grain.
  • Allow your face to relax as you shave. Don't pull the skin tight or stretch it.
  • Avoid dragging the razor over the same area repeatedly.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Can shaving against the direction facial hair grows give a closer shave?
One of the best ways to prevent razor burn is to shave in the direction the hair grows, not agai...
Should I shave my face everyday if I don’t need to?
Whether or not to shave your face daily is a personal decision. If you are comfortable with it, ...
What are the most important skincare products for men to use?
Two of the most important skincare products that every man should use are moisturizer and sunscr...
How long should it take to shave my face?
How long it takes you to shave your face is less important than using good technique. For a grea...