How can a man reduce facial fine lines and wrinkles?

The first thing you can do to reduce facial fine lines and wrinkles is to prevent them in the first place by using sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher daily, not smoking, and making other smart lifestyle choices.

Once you have fine lines and wrinkles, there are many ways to diminish them, if you choose to do so. Start by applying a moisturizer to your face, which can plump up fine lines and wrinkles, making them less noticeable. Moisturizers that contain ingredients such as retinol, alpha hydroxy acids, and salicylic acid also exfoliate the skin while hydrating it, which helps minimize fine lines and wrinkles, according to the American Academy of Dermatology (AAD).

Your dermatologist may also suggest a prescription anti-aging cream, or in-office anti-aging treatments to rejuvenate skin. Discuss your options with a qualified professional like a dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

What ingredients should I avoid in aftershave?
You may want to avoid aftershave and other skincare products that contain ingredients that can b...
Should men use lip care products?
Men should use a lip balm with sunscreen to protect their lips from sunburn, skin cancers, and e...
Can I use my wife's lip balm?
No matter which lip balm you choose, everyone should use a lip balm with a sun protection factor...
What cosmetics should men consider using?
Both men and women should choose the best cosmetics for their own needs and skin type. Consult y...