Are multi-blade razors less irritating to facial skin?

Today razors are available with as many as five blades. The only way to know for sure whether you'll get a better shave with a multi-blade razor without irritating your skin is to try one and see. To help reduce irritation when you shave your face, thoroughly wet your beard before shaving. Shave in the direction that your hair grows and avoid repeated strokes over the same area. Keep the skin as relaxed as possible. If you continue to experience irritation, see your dermatologist for advice.

Continue Learning about Men's Beauty & Personal Care

Does facial hair grow in the same direction on every man?
Facial hair does not necessarily grow in the same direction on every man. Ethnicity can play a r...
How can I shave to prevent ingrown hairs?
Cybele Fishman, MDCybele Fishman, MD
To prevent ingrown hairs, you should exfoliate your legs regularly, use a glycolic lotion, and shave...
Are there facial masks that are made for men?
There are facial masks made for men. Whether you choose a facial mask made specifically for men ...
As a young man, do I need to worry about applying sunscreen?
Susan EvansSusan Evans
A concern for the gentlemen is the use of sunscreen. When you're in your 20s and 30s, you are usuall...