What should I avoid if I have Meniere's disease?

You may need to control your stress and salt intake, and cut out tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and MSG, all of which can aggravate the inner ear problems of Meniere's disease. If you're suffering from one of the bouts of vertigo or dizziness typical of this disease, steer clear of quick motions, bright light, reading, and other things that can make you feel worse.

Continue Learning about Meniere's Disease

Are labyrinthitis and Meniere's disease related?
Labyrinthitis and Meniere's disease have similarities but are different disorders. Both are conditio...
What is Meniere's disease?
David M. Vernick, MDDavid M. Vernick, MD
Meniere's disease, which interferes with balance and hearing, affects about 615,000 people in the Un...
How is Meniere's disease linked to vertigo and dizziness?
Meniere's disease is an inner ear condition that happens when changes in the amount of fluid in the ...
Is Meniere's disease an ear disorder?
Meniere's disease is an ear disorder. It causes sometimes disabling symptoms such as extreme vertigo...