What should I avoid if I have Meniere's disease?

You may need to control your stress and salt intake, and cut out tobacco, alcohol, caffeine, and MSG, all of which can aggravate the inner ear problems of Meniere's disease. If you're suffering from one of the bouts of vertigo or dizziness typical of this disease, steer clear of quick motions, bright light, reading, and other things that can make you feel worse.

Continue Learning about Meniere's Disease

Are labyrinthitis and Meniere's disease related?
Labyrinthitis and Meniere's disease have similarities but are different disorders. Both are conditio...
Can Meniere's disease be prevented?
Nobody knows what causes Meniere's disease or how to prevent it. However, treating ear infections an...
How is Meniere's disease linked to vertigo and dizziness?
Meniere's disease is an inner ear condition that happens when changes in the amount of fluid in the ...
What is Meniere's disease?
Brigham and Women's HospitalBrigham and Women's Hospital
Meniere's disease (a disorder of the inner ear that causes episodes of vertigo, ringing in the e...