How do I perform deep breathing to improve my memory?

Several times a day, practice deep breathing exercises to improve your memory. Here's how: Relax and exhale completely through your mouth. Then, through your nose, draw in a deep breath -- you should feel yourself sitting or standing taller. Hold this breath for a few seconds to allow your body to absorb all the oxygen and then exhale through your mouth again, making an audible sound. Repeat this pattern three more times. As your brain receives more oxygen, you will likely find that you think better and remember more. As an added bonus you may even find yourself sitting and standing taller.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
How can I get organized so that I remember things better?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
The following are suggestions to help you get organized and remember things better: Have a spec...
How do I encourage my aging parent with short-term memory loss?
Oluwatoyin Thomas, MDOluwatoyin Thomas, MD
Adult children who recognize short-term memory loss in their parents must remember that it is up to ...
What Causes Memory Loss?
What Causes Memory Loss?