How can friends and family help me with my memory problems?

Tell your family and friends how they can help instead of fretting about your memory problems. Tell them to watch you write down a scheduled event. If you haven't written it down, they should assume you have forgotten it and call to remind you well in advance. They might also be enlisted to help you remember to take your medicine, keep track of appointments, get chores done or get dressed. We can all make life easier if we ask for the help we need and allow ourselves to accept help from those who love us.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Forgot something? You’re not alone. One in eight baby boomers has memory lapses, at least once in a while, a recent survey says. And whether you’ve fo...
What is age-associated memory impairment?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
When we cannot remember where we put the car keys, or we forgot an important appointment, there is a...
How can I balance my checkbook if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Avoid omissions in your checkbook register by using duplicate checks. If you forget to write in ...
Improve Memory with Celery
Improve Memory with Celery