How can friends and family help me with my memory problems?

Tell your family and friends how they can help instead of fretting about your memory problems. Tell them to watch you write down a scheduled event. If you haven't written it down, they should assume you have forgotten it and call to remind you well in advance. They might also be enlisted to help you remember to take your medicine, keep track of appointments, get chores done or get dressed. We can all make life easier if we ask for the help we need and allow ourselves to accept help from those who love us.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
What does blood flow have to do with memory loss?
A lack of healthy blood flow to the brain is one of the other main causes of forgetfulness. Each sid...
Aside from aging, what can erode my memory?
Dr. David L. Katz, MD, MPHDr. David L. Katz, MD, MPH
Stress, sleep deprivation, and the side effects of some medications all can undermine concentrat...
Improve Memory with Celery
Improve Memory with Celery