How can I organize my to-do list if I have memory problems?

To help you remember what needs to be done tomorrow, next week or next month, try this: Take 11 manila folders with tabs across the top. Using a yellow highlighter, color 5 tabs and write one weekday on each tab, alternating the position of the tab. Use an orange highlighter on the next three folders and write "1 Week," "2 Weeks" and "3 Weeks" on them. Color the last three folders with a green highlighter and label them "1 Month," "2 Months" and "3 Months." Place paperwork in the appropriate folder. if something is not finished at the end of the day, transfer it to the next day's folder. At the end of the week, move all the remaining tasks to the appropriate folder for the following week.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
As You Age, Be Confident in Your Memory
Ever forget why you went into a room or step out of the shower with shampoo/conditioner still in your hair? Whether you call it a brain fart or a seni...
How can acetylcholinesterase inhibitors be used to treat dementia?
Sarah N. Mourra, MDSarah N. Mourra, MD
Acetylcholinesterase inhibitors are used in dementia to slow the inevitable decline that occurs when...
At what age does memory loss start?
Many of us may think that memory loss comes at about the same time as our AARP membership cards, but...
3 Tips for Better Memory
3 Tips for Better Memory