How can I organize my to-do list if I have memory problems?

To help you remember what needs to be done tomorrow, next week or next month, try this: Take 11 manila folders with tabs across the top. Using a yellow highlighter, color 5 tabs and write one weekday on each tab, alternating the position of the tab. Use an orange highlighter on the next three folders and write "1 Week," "2 Weeks" and "3 Weeks" on them. Color the last three folders with a green highlighter and label them "1 Month," "2 Months" and "3 Months." Place paperwork in the appropriate folder. if something is not finished at the end of the day, transfer it to the next day's folder. At the end of the week, move all the remaining tasks to the appropriate folder for the following week.
Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Memory Tips Making Life Easier

Written by memory and aging expert Shelley Peterman Schwarz, Memory Tips for Making Life Easier delivers just what its title promises. Written for health care professionals, family caregivers, and...

Continue Learning about Memory Loss

Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Prevent Dementia at Any Age
Forgot something? You’re not alone. One in eight baby boomers has memory lapses, at least once in a while, a recent survey says. And whether you’ve fo...
How can I make using the phone easier if I have memory problems?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Here are some tips to help you make using the phone easier if you have memory problems: Get free...
How does menopause affect my memory?
HCA VirginiaHCA Virginia
Women's brains do not deteriorate as they go through menopause. Our cognition does not get worse. Ou...
What Causes Memory Loss?
What Causes Memory Loss?