Is acral lentiginous melanoma painful?

Acral lentiginous melanoma may be painful if it reaches advanced stages in certain areas of your body. If lesions are found on the sole of your foot, the growths may thicken as the cancer progresses and may cause walking to be painful. If acral lentiginous melanoma occurs underneath nails, it can cause nails to separate from the nail beds, which may be painful. Growths in mucous membranes of the nose, mouth, and urinary tract can occasionally cause pain, though those growths generally doesn't cause pain till it's reached very advanced stages.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

How often should I have my skin checked for melanoma?
Alice DomarAlice Domar
There is no good data proving that skin checks reduce the risk of death by melanoma, so whether ...
How can I reduce my risk of dying from melanoma?
If you want to cut your risk of fatal melanoma, make an appointment with the mirror. Research sh...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?