Can melanoma occur on the feet?

James P. Ioli, DPM
Podiatric Medicine
The last place you might think to check for a suspicious mole is the soles of your feet, but most people don't realize that even the underside of the foot gets exposed to the sun and is vulnerable to melanoma and other types of skin cancer. Melanoma can occur anywhere on the foot -- even in between toes and underneath toenails.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

Can children get melanoma?
Jill Onesti, MDJill Onesti, MD
It is very rare for children to develop melanoma, however it is possible. If you have a family histo...
What is melanoma?
Dr. Arthur W. Perry, MDDr. Arthur W. Perry, MD
Melanomas are the most ominous type of skin cancer. They can grow spontaneously or can arise from mo...
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
How Can I Avoid Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?
Can Drinking Coffee Prevent Melanoma?