Are there alternative treatments for nodular melanoma?

Alternative treatments cannot cure nodular melanoma, but when used together with medical treatment, there are several alternative options that may help improve your overall health. Some people recommend following a strict diet with vitamin supplements, including beta carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin E, although there is no proof at this time that such a diet is beneficial. Others find certain relaxation techniques, such as yoga and aromatherapy, very good for you. Other alternative treatments for people with nodular melanoma may include spiritual activities, like meditation and prayer.

Continue Learning about Melanoma

What are the different types of melanoma?
Stuart A. Linder, MDStuart A. Linder, MD
The most common form of melanoma is superficial spreading. It represents 70% of all cases as it spre...
What is malignant melanoma?
By far the deadliest form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma begins in the melanocytes, the cell...
Can Taking Antioxidant Vitamins Be a Problem If I Have Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?
Is There a Vaccine to Prevent Melanoma?