What are the benefits of active meditation?

Brooke Randolph
Marriage & Family Therapy
Meditation may be about creating a calm mind, but active meditation can be a step towards creating a calm body as well. When your active meditation is complete, if your activity was even minimally intense, your body will automatically recover if you let it. The combination of a calm mind and a calm body is relaxation -- active meditation is just a calm mind, so your body stays busy, giving you the added bonus of a calorie burn.

Continue Learning about Meditation

Meditation Techniques for a Healthy Soul
Julianne Hough—actress and two-time winner of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars—practices a meditation method known as “complete body scan (CBS).” It invol...
What are the effects of meditation?
Deepak ChopraDeepak Chopra
Meditation helps the body to relax. Besides this, you will also begin to notice that you are more se...
How does meditation work?
Yogi Cameron AlborzianYogi Cameron Alborzian
When you hear the word meditation, what is it you think of?  Probably somebody sitting in lotus post...
What Can I Do to Promote Feelings of Zen?