There are so many different types of meditation, which one should I try?

UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
It’s true. There are probably hundreds of types of meditation including visualization, concentration, mindfulness, mantra meditation, movement meditations like yoga or chi gong, prayer, and many, many others. You can think of meditation as a broad category like “sports,” under which there are hundreds of sports.
The research shows that the meditation that is best for you is the one you like, feel most comfortable with, and are going to practice consistently. So it’s important to experience various types of meditation to see which you click with and once you have found one that makes sense to you, to develop it as a regular practice.

Continue Learning about Meditation

Meditation Techniques for a Healthy Soul
Julianne Hough—actress and two-time winner of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars—practices a meditation method known as “complete body scan (CBS).” It invol...
How can I learn mindfulness?
Ronald SiegelRonald Siegel
Mindfulness (awareness and acceptance of your present experience) can be cultivated through mindfuln...
What are the benefits of meditation?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Meditation enhances our ability to persevere. It releases the stress and pressure of any situation. ...
2 Tips to Relieve Chronic Pain Without Drugs