There are so many different types of meditation, which one should I try?

UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center
Alternative & Complementary Medicine
It’s true. There are probably hundreds of types of meditation including visualization, concentration, mindfulness, mantra meditation, movement meditations like yoga or chi gong, prayer, and many, many others. You can think of meditation as a broad category like “sports,” under which there are hundreds of sports.
The research shows that the meditation that is best for you is the one you like, feel most comfortable with, and are going to practice consistently. So it’s important to experience various types of meditation to see which you click with and once you have found one that makes sense to you, to develop it as a regular practice.

Continue Learning about Meditation

Do This for 7 Minutes Daily to Get Skinnier
Something as little as this daily 7-minute ritual might help you get skinny. In a study, dieters who spent about 7 minutes meditating each day experi...
Why do I need purification and energetic hygiene?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
A finely tuned race car is more prone to mechanical problems than the family station wagon, and the ...
What facts do I need to know about meditation?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Here are a few notes on meditation:-Your outlook during meditation should be positive and expectant ...
How Mental and Physical Exercise Improve Brain Health