How can I perform a scanning exercise on an animal?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

Perform the four-step warm-up, then proceed.

1. Sit, stand, or even kneel, if your animal is sleeping on the floor, a few feet away from the subject with your scanning arm, hand, and fingers relaxed.
  2. Look at the animal to tune in to your target. Pick a spot - say, the shoulder, hip, head, or belly -  and form your intent to scan the aura there.
  3. Breathe slowly and deeply, using pranic breathing. Keep your awareness on the palm chakra of your scanning hand. Once you have looked at the animal to establish your intent, keep your awareness on your scanning hand throughout the rest of the scanning exercise. Keep a positive, open attitude.
  4. Beginning with your scanning hand about 3 feet away from the animal, move your hand in slowly from whichever angle you prefer. Scan toward your targeted spot.
  5. Breathe slowly and deeply. Move your scanning hand in carefully, in that steady forward-and-back motion.
  6. Stop when you get that feeling of pressure, heat, tingling, or resistance. Depending on the type and health of the animal you scan, you should feel the aura somewhere in the range of 4 to 10 inches from the animal. Move your hand backward and forward a few times. Note how far out the aura extends. Once you definitely feel the energy, get a sense for its relative strength.
  7. If you don’t feel the energy right away, don’t be discouraged. Relax, breathe deeply, and move your hand back and then in again until you feel it. If, after 5 minutes, you still have difficulty feeling the energy, take a few minutes and repeat Hand Sensitivity Exercise 1 or 2 in the book Your Hands Can Heal You, or tap your heart chakra.
  8. Then, as with the plant, scan a few different locations on the animal’s body and from different angles. See if you can detect the overall shape and strength of the animal’s energy aura. Is it uniform on all sides? Does the aura feel 4 inches deep all the way around, or does one side or area feel more shallow than the other? Does it feel relatively strong or weak?
  9. Conclude the exercise by walking around for a few minutes and shaking your arms and legs. Relax and take a few deep breaths.
Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems

What if one of the most effective tools you have to restore your health is not surgery or medications, but your own hands? Incredibly, your hands can heal you -- with the "energy medicine" of Pranic...

Continue Learning about Meditation Techniques

How do I acquire objectivity through meditation?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
Regular meditation gives you perspective on yourself, your habits, and your behaviors. You come to s...
How can I stop my mind from wandering during meditation?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
There are many different types of meditation;one of the most important things to remember in any med...
How can I begin my practice of meditation?
Lynne KenneyLynne Kenney
Let’s say you are ready to feel better, to think more positively and to feel less distressed. Be...
What's the Simplest Way to Start Meditating?