What if I can't feel the energy after a hand sensitivity exercise?

Master Stephen Co
Alternative & Complementary Medicine

If you still can’t feel the energy as you do the Hand Sensitivity Exercises, relax. Stick with your practice; you’ll feel it. Keep a positive attitude and an open mind. Doubts, fears, and apprehensions inhibit your ability to sense and manipulate subtle energy. If you attempt to sensitize your hands while thinking, “this isn’t working,” or “this is weird,” you will have a more difficult time. Control your thoughts, but don’t try to fool yourself into feeling something that isn’t there. The energy is not imaginary; it’s real, and you can feel it using these exercises. So don’t imagine or anticipate that you’re feeling energy if you’re not. With steady, regular practice, anyone can develop the ability to feel the energy, as Pranic Healing student Arnon Davidovici found out. “For about six months after taking Pranic Healing, I would always rationalize away or second guess anything I felt during scanning,” he reports. “The day I really started to feel prana was the day that I decided to accept the first thing I felt. I was not always 100 percent accurate, but I decided that that was okay because I was still learning. Over time, my accuracy has improved. I now feel pressure or a flow of energy when scanning. If the energy is dirty, it usually feels itchy, tingly, and sometimes sticky or heavy. If the energy is particularly high vibration it can feel tingly (but not itchy), or it can have a smoothness to it like light, soft cream.”

Here’s a tip from our classes: People who pick up scanning very quickly in class use positive reinforcement to accelerate their development. As soon as they feel any sensation at all, they tell themselves that what they are feeling is prana and that they are doing well. They put the critical part of their mind aside and use positive self-talk to reinforce that they are feeling the energy. Whenever they detect a feeling, they use positive self-reinforcement to help them learn scanning more quickly.

Your Hands Can Heal You: Pranic Healing Energy Remedies to Boost Vitality and Speed Recovery from Common Health Problems

What if one of the most effective tools you have to restore your health is not surgery or medications, but your own hands? Incredibly, your hands can heal you -- with the "energy medicine" of Pranic...

Continue Learning about Meditation Techniques

How do I perform a dissociation meditation?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
To perform dissociation medication:Sit down in a darkened room, close your eyes, and go through your...
How do I practice walking meditation?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Vietnamese Buddhist monk Thich Nhat Hanh, famous for teaching us "walking meditation," reminds u...
How can I move from single-point concentration to expanded awareness?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
As you become more proficient with the Mindfulness Meditation, you may wish to hold your awareness o...
What's the Simplest Way to Start Meditating?