What should I avoid while taking CHANTIX?

While you are taking Chantix, you should avoid taking any other smoking cessation products. After the first week of taking Chantix, you should avoid smoking. When you first start taking Chantix, you should exercise care when driving or operating machinery, and if you feel dizzy or tired, you should avoid this activity, temporarily. Avoid breastfeeding while using Chantix, as it is not known if it is passed in breast milk. Avoid drinking excessive alcohol until you know how Chantix affects you. In some people, Chantix can increase the effects of alcohol. 

Continue Learning about Dependency Agent

What are the side effects of varenicline?
Dr. Frank T. Leone, MDDr. Frank T. Leone, MD
Varenicline can be used to help you stop smoking, as it reduces the urge to smoke. However, it may c...
What drugs may interact with varenicline?
Some patients who took varenicline along with nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) reported higher rat...
How effective is varenicline?
Studies show that people who use varenicline at the recommended dose of 2 mg a day are 3 times more ...
What should I know before taking varenicline?
Bupropion and varenicline have been shown to help people with schizophrenia quit smoking. But relaps...