Who can I call for help with my Medicare application?

You can call your local Social Security office or your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). There is even a Medicare helpline (1-800-633-4227).

While you’re on hold, or for the more tech-prone people, www.socialsecurity.gov or www.medicare.gov can provide additional information that may help.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
What if I cannot afford to pay for my prescriptions?
AARPAARP
If you can’t afford to pay for your prescriptions, you should check to see if you are eligible for t...
How is Medicare funded?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Medicare costs about $277 billion per year, roughly 13 percent of the total federal budget.Funding c...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?