Who can I call for help with my Medicare application?

You can call your local Social Security office or your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). There is even a Medicare helpline (1-800-633-4227).

While you’re on hold, or for the more tech-prone people, www.socialsecurity.gov or www.medicare.gov can provide additional information that may help.

Continue Learning about Medicare

10 Things You Need to Know About Medicare
Maximizing Medicare Medicare pays for much of the cost of hospital stays and doctor’s office visits for people ages 65 and older. This 50-year-old gov...
For Medicare Part D drug coverage, what is the late enrollment penalty?
The late-enrollment penalty is an added fee you have to pay when you enroll in a Medicare Part D p...
How do I choose a Medicare health plan?
Anne FabinyAnne Fabiny
Depending on where you live, Medicare options may be overwhelming or relatively few. Before research...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?