Where can I find additional health insurance information for seniors?

Information that you can understand if you do not have two PhDs in health economics (one isn’t sufficient, we’ve been told by those with only one)? Not possible. But you can find additional health insurance information for seniors from sources including the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP). The AARP contracts with insurers to make coverage available to its members. AARP Health is a collection of health-related products, services and insurance programs such as Medicare prescription drug coverage.

If you belong to a membership organization, check to see if they offer group health insurance. Many trade and professional associations provide group health coverage that would be much cheaper than private insurance.

You can also contact your state insurance department or the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (www.naic.org) for a list of licensed insurance carriers. If you’re a do-it-yourselfer, try www.healthinsuranceinfo.net (good luck there -- heck, it may be just as bad with a coach) or www.healthcarecoach.com for educational and health plan options.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
Does Medicare cover insulin pumps and related supplies?
American Diabetes AssociationAmerican Diabetes Association
Medicare covers insulin pumps, single and multiple use medical supplies for use with a pump, and ins...
Will my Medicare Part D premiums increase if I earn too much money?
AARPAARP
The income levels for higher premiums start at $85,000 for a single person or $170,000 for married c...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?