When was Medicare developed?

Medicare was officially signed into law on July 30, 1965, but Harry Truman started throwing around the idea of government-sponsored health care in 1945. Medicare and all of its components continued to develop and evolve through each subsequent presidency and we have a hunch that it will continue to do so for many years to come. 

Continue Learning about Medicare

How Medicare Part D Has Changed in 10 Years
Retirees gained the option to purchase prescription drug coverage through Medicare Part D in 2006. Since then, 24 million people have enrolled in pres...
What if I cannot afford to pay for my prescriptions?
AARPAARP
If you can’t afford to pay for your prescriptions, you should check to see if you are eligible for t...
How does Medicare work with AARP?
Medicare and the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) work together like the YOU Docs who ...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?