What are my payment options for my Medicare premiums?

Most people do not have a premium for Medicare Part A because they have 40 quarters or more of Medicare “taxes.” For the other parts (B,C,D -- pretty clever how they named ‘em, eh?), you have several payment options for your Medicare premiums. Here are some of your choices:

• Automatic deduction. You can have the premium taken right out of your checking or savings account. It can also be charged to a credit or debit card each month.
  • Social Security deduction. You can have your payment deducted from your Social Security benefits each month. If you choose this option, the first deduction may not occur for three months, and the premiums will add up until the automatic deduction begins.
  • Snail mail. If you prefer the classic bill delivery method, you can elect to have your bills mailed to you. 

For more information about Medicare billing call Medicare at 1-800-633-4227 or online at www.medicare.gov.

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Protect Yourself Against Common Medicare Scams
It's that time of year again when the nation's 54 million Medicare beneficiaries have the chance to swap Medicare Advantage and Part D prescription dr...
How do I know what part of my care is covered under Medicare?
You will know what part of your care is covered under Medicare by reviewing your Evidence of Coverag...
How does the new healthcare law strengthen Medicare?
AARPAARP
The new health care law strengthens Medicare in the following ways:   If you have Medicare Part D ...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?