Is everyone on Medicare getting a rebate check?

In 2010 only, those with Medicare Part D who fall into the “doughnut hole” coverage gap and are not receiving the low-income subsidy will receive a one-time tax-free check for $250 to help with their drug costs. 

No. The Medicare rebate check was a part of the Affordable Care Act that only applied to people who fell into the donut hole during 2010. 

Instead, starting in 2011, you will receive a 50% discount on covered brand-name drugs and a 7% discount on generic drugs while you are in the donut hole. There will also be additional savings in the coverage gap each year until it's completely closed by the year 2020.

For more information about your donut hole rebate check, contact your prescription drug plan, or Medicare at 1-800-633-4227 or www.medicare.gov.

Continue Learning about Medicare

5 Ways Medicare Has Changed in 50 Years
5 Ways Medicare Has Changed in 50 Years
It has been 50 years since President Lyndon Johnson signed a health insurance program for older Americans into law on July 30, 1965. Medicare continue...
Is there anyone I can talk to about my specific Medicare eligibility needs?
Yes. You can make an appointment with a Social Security representative at your local office by cal...
How do I file an appeal to a Medicare claim?
To file a claim with Original Medicare, review your Medicare Summary Notice (MSN), the really detail...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?