The average annual premium for the most popular type of Medigap insurance is around $2,000. However, these premiums can range from $500 to $10,000 for the same exact coverage. No joke! And sometimes you may find there are some very specific coverages and exclusions for Medigap policies. In general, the more coverage you have the higher the premium you pay, but as you can see, the plans vary as much as seasonal fashion trends, so compare coverage and costs carefully.For help comparing Medigap policies, call your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP), which provides free counseling and education about Medicare programs and services.
- Q Can I get my “Welcome to Medicare” exam done anytime after enrollment?
- Q What is Medicare health insurance?
- Q How do I know what part of my care is covered under Medicare?
- Q What if I have not worked long enough to qualify for Medicare?
- Q Can I cover my family under my Medicare coverage?
- Q What if I cannot afford to pay for my prescriptions?