How much long-term care does Medicare cover?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine
People think that Medicare will carry the day for long term care. It does for no more than eight percent of the population. Medicare covers skilled nursing care only if you have been hospitalized for three consecutive days and then only for 100 days, 80 of which you pay a 20 percent co-pay. Care must be received within 30 days of discharge.
Who Moved My Dentures? 13 False (Teeth) Truths About Long-Term Care and Aging in America

Who Moved My Dentures dispels 13 different myths about long-term care and aging in America as told through human interest stories of people the author has met through his work as a healthcare...

Continue Learning about Medicare

Open Enrollment 2015: What Medicare Beneficiaries Need to Know
Medicare beneficiaries may have noticed their mailboxes are filling with brochures and packets from health insurance companies. That’s because the ope...
Will my Medicare Part D premiums increase if I earn too much money?
AARPAARP
The income levels for higher premiums start at $85,000 for a single person or $170,000 for married c...
How is the donut hole in Medicare drug coverage going to close?
AARPAARP
The gap will gradually narrow until it disappears in 2020. If you reach the doughnut hole next year,...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?