How much long-term care does Medicare cover?

Anthony Cirillo
Geriatric Medicine
People think that Medicare will carry the day for long term care. It does for no more than eight percent of the population. Medicare covers skilled nursing care only if you have been hospitalized for three consecutive days and then only for 100 days, 80 of which you pay a 20 percent co-pay. Care must be received within 30 days of discharge.
Who Moved My Dentures? 13 False (Teeth) Truths About Long-Term Care and Aging in America

Who Moved My Dentures dispels 13 different myths about long-term care and aging in America as told through human interest stories of people the author has met through his work as a healthcare...

Continue Learning about Medicare

How to Pick the Right Medicare Part D Plan for You
If you're just reaching Medicare age, you might be surprised to find out that traditional Medicare doesn't cover prescription drugs. As drug costs ros...
How do I file an appeal to a Medicare claim?
To file a claim with Original Medicare, review your Medicare Summary Notice (MSN), the really detail...
How can I enroll in Medigap insurance coverage?
You can enroll in Medicare and any supplemental Medicare plans when you file for retirement or disab...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?