How do I request another Medicare membership card?

You can request another Medicare membership card from the Social Security office. The simplest way is online at www.socialsecurity.gov. But if you’re not like Bill Gates and prefer to do things on paper or over the phone, you can call or visit your local Social Security office. Your new card should arrive in about four weeks. Do not give your Social Security number to anyone but your doc or hospital.

Continue Learning about Medicare

10 Things You Need to Know About Medicare
Maximizing Medicare Medicare pays for much of the cost of hospital stays and doctor’s office visits for people ages 65 and older. This 50-year-old gov...
How much does Medigap insurance cost?
The average annual premium for the most popular type of Medigap insurance is around $2,000. However,...
What happens to my younger spouse when I go on Medicare at age 65?
AARPAARP
The best option for your spouse, frankly, is for you to work longer—if this is at all possible—so th...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?