When can I change my Medicare enrollment status?

You can change your enrollment status each year during Annual Open Enrollment. Once you are in the Medicare system, you will be able to make changes to your coverage during the annual open enrollment period, which, starting in fall 2011, will run each year from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What Is Medicare? 4 Essential Questions, Answered
If you’ll soon be turning 65, you’re probably starting to think about Medicare, the federal health insurance program currently covering more than 55 m...
Where can I find Medicare eligibility rules?
You can get Medicare eligibility rules from the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213...
How much long-term care does Medicare cover?
Anthony CirilloAnthony Cirillo
People think that Medicare will carry the day for long term care. It does for no more than eight...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?