Are continuous glucose monitors (CGMs) covered by Medicare?

Most people with diabetes are aware of the benefits of continuous glucose monitoring (CGM). A CGM helps track and monitor trends in blood sugar patterns. Currently, CGM is not covered under Medicare. As a result, millions of seniors with diabetes continue to face unnecessary hospitalizations from hypoglycemia. The Medicare CGM Access Act of 2015 (H.R.1427 / S.804) is a bill that would ensure access to CGM for eligible Medicare patients and help seniors achieve better glucose control and fewer complications.

Continue Learning about Medicare

What to Consider When Shopping for Medicare Coverage
Between October 15 and December 7, Medicare’s annual open enrollment period, millions of Medicare beneficiaries have a chance to make changes to their...
Where can I find Medicare eligibility rules?
You can get Medicare eligibility rules from the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213...
How can Medicare Part C affect my Medigap elibility?
AARPAARP
If you opted for a Medicare Advantage health plan (aka Part C), you cannot also buy a Medigap policy...
What Type of Policy Changes Is AARP Advocating?