What should I know before I try autohemotherapy?

Autohemotherapy is the process of removing a small amount of blood from a vein and reinjecting it in a muscle, the idea being to create an immune reaction to treat disease. The blood is often treated in some way, sometimes with ozone. When practiced in a professional and sterile environment the procedure is generally harmless, but to this point has not been shown to successfully treat any condition or disease. There is a growing body of literature in support of the practice, but it is not recognized by the Food and Drug Administration, the American Medical Association, or the American Cancer Society as being curative.

Continue Learning about Medical Techniques & Procedures

Can I safely take my medication as usual before outpatient surgery?
American Society of AnesthesiologistsAmerican Society of Anesthesiologists
Before ambulatory (or outpatient) surgery, some medications should be taken and others should not. I...
When can I go home after outpatient surgery?
Going home after ambulatory (or outpatient) surgery will depend on the policy of the surgery center,...
How Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Performed?
What Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)?