What is the Jobe's test?

Kristofer J. Jones, MD
Orthopedic Surgery
The Jobe's test is done to specifically test the supraspinatus muscle. Your doctor will ask you to place your arm in abduction/forward flexion with the thumb pointed towards the floor. He/she will then ask you to provide resistance as they push the arm down. With that forced loading of the supraspinatus muscle, your doctor can tell whether or not the supraspinatus is involved in your shoulder pain.

Continue Learning about Medical Techniques & Procedures

Can I eat or drink if I have a PEG tube?
American Society for Gastrointestinal EndoscopyAmerican Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Specialized liquid nutrition, as well as fluids, can be given through the percutaneous endoscopic ga...
What is infusion therapy?
Saint Joseph Mercy Health SystemSaint Joseph Mercy Health System
Infusion therapy is the administration of medications or nutrients through a needle or catheter. Som...
What Are Some Less Invasive Reconstruction Techniques?
How Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Performed?