What is the Chamberlain procedure?

The Chamberlain procedure is a procedure in which a tube is inserted into the chest to view the tissues and organs in the area between the lungs and between the breastbone and heart. The tube is inserted through an incision next to the breastbone. This procedure is usually used to get a tissue sample from the lymph nodes on the left side of the chest. Also called anterior mediastinotomy.

This answer is based on source information from the National Cancer Institute.

Continue Learning about Medical Techniques & Procedures

What should I watch out for when giving a subcutaneous injection?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
There are three things to be careful of when you give a subcutaneous injection: Do not move the ...
Where can I give a subcutaneous injection?
A subcutaneous injection can be given in different sites: in the legs, arms or belly. However, t...
How Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Performed?
What Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)?