How is magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) performed?

The  Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) procedure is normally performed concurrently with an MRI study. You will be required to lie on a bed in a narrow tube throughout the study's duration.

Considerations: The same considerations apply to an MRCP procedure as with a regular abdominal MRI. You should be aware that you may feel claustrophobic and be disturbed by the loud noises that the machine makes. You must also lie very still throughout the procedure.

Continue Learning about Medical Techniques & Procedures

What should I do if I see oozing or redness around my IV site?
 Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD Dr. Kathleen Handal, MD
If, after your intravenous (IV) line is inserted and fluids are running, you notice oozing aroun...
What is the best way to get a shot?
It is best to lie down when your nurse gives you a shot, even if the shot is in your arm. Lying ...
What Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS)?
How Is Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS) Performed?